We are offering two types of paddles this year, our regular Ecology History Paddles, and the new Community Paddle.
UrbanPromise offers its Paddle Program to the public, including those living in- and outside Camden City.
Come out and join us! Email questions to email@example.com. Hope to see you there!
Join us for a paddling session at the Pyne Poynt Park waterfront in Camden. In this type of paddle, participants will be able to paddle for 30-minute sessions and choose to be in a canoe with a RiverGuide or with a family member. This paddle is ideal for beginners since you can paddle at your own pace. Boats, paddles, and life vests will be provided. You can register beforehand or day of, but please know you may not be guaranteed a particular paddle time.
Ecology History Paddles
Join us on a youth-led guided paddling trip down the tidal Cooper River through Camden to learn about the fascinating ecological and industrial history of this piece of the Delaware Watershed. The route starts at Kaighn Avenue Dam and finishes with stunning views of the Philadelphia skyline from the back channel of the Delaware River. Throughout the summer, each trip is led by our trained RiverGuides, all of whom are Camden youth. The trip is fully outfitted with boats and equipment. You will be paddling for 2-3 hours and lifting canoes.
Contact Noilda Sousa to learn about additional environmental education paddling field trip opportunities and private tours for your students, after school program, or conservation group. Please note: at present, our group maximum for paddling trips is 15 participants. If your group is larger than 15 individuals, please contact our office directly to inquire about scheduling an alternate experience or event. Also, all paddlers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Spring and Fall paddles
Contact Noilda Sousa to schedule a paddling trip for your group.
Registration books up quickly, so if you want to reserve a date for your group email Noilda.
Wednesday, June 30
Thursday, July 1
Monday, July 5
Tuesday, July 6
Wednesday, July 7
Friday, July 16
Saturday, July 17 (I Paddle)
Monday, July 19
Tuesday, July 20
Friday, July 30
- Everyone is welcome!
- All paddlers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Anyone under 18 will need a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- Click here to be directed to the Registration and Waiver Form
- Community paddles meet at Pyne Poynt Park. Click here for directions.
- Participants can register before or at the time of the event.
Ecology History Paddle:
- Ecology History Paddle trips meet at the Kaighn Avenue Dam on Park Avenue behind the Sneaker Outlet
- Basic instructions and parking information can be found here
- Trip is somewhat strenuous, paddling 2-3 hours and lifting canoes
- All participants must register at least 48 hours prior to the launch.