Scroll down to see paddle dates for the 2022 Paddling Season! (Updated: 23 May 2022)
We are offering two types of paddles this year, our regular Ecology History Paddles, and the new Community Paddle.
UrbanPromise offers its Paddle Program to the public, including those living in- and outside Camden City.
Come out and join us! Email questions to email@example.com. Hope to see you there!
Pyne Poynt Paddles
Join us for a paddling session at the Pyne Poynt Park waterfront in Camden. In this type of paddle, participants will be able to paddle for about 1 hour and see landmarks like Petty's Island, the Barnegat Lightship and Cramr Hill Waterfront Park. This paddle is ideal for all expertize levels. The trip is fully outfitted with boats and equipment without any cost. Please register beforehand!
Community Paddles - for Camden Residents
Join us for a paddling session at the Pyne Poynt Park waterfront in Camden. In this type of paddle, participants will be able to paddle for 30-minute sessions and choose to be in a canoe with a RiverGuide or with a family member. This paddle is ideal for beginners since you can paddle at your own pace. The trip is fully outfitted with boats and equipment without any cost. You can register beforehand or day of, but please know you may not be guaranteed a particular paddle time.
Save the dates: Saturdays July 9 and 23 (for registration click HERE!)
Ecology History Paddles
Join us on a youth-led guided paddling trip down the tidal Cooper River through Camden to learn about the fascinating ecological and industrial history of this piece of the Delaware Watershed. You can schedule your group of at least 10 people. The route starts at Kaighn Avenue Dam and finishes with stunning views of the Philadelphia skyline from the back channel of the Delaware River. Throughout the summer, each trip is led by our trained RiverGuides, all of whom are Camden youth. The trip is fully outfitted with boats and equipment. You will be paddling for 2-3 hours and lifting canoes. Sugested donation: $20/person, if not a Camden resident.
Contact Noilda Sousa to learn about additional environmental education paddling field trip opportunities and private tours for your students, after school program, or conservation group. Also, all paddlers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Spring and Fall paddles
Contact Noilda Sousa to schedule a paddling trip for your group.
Registration books up quickly, so if you want to reserve a date for your group email Noilda.
- Everyone is welcome!
- All paddlers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Anyone under 18 will need a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- Only fill out the Registration Form if your group spoke to Noilda Sousa and reserved a date. Click here to be directed to the Registration and Waiver Form
- Community paddles meet at Pyne Poynt Park. Click here for directions.
- Participants can register before or at the time of the event.
Ecology History Paddle:
- Ecology History Paddle trips meet at the Kaighn Avenue Dam on Park Avenue behind the Sneaker Outlet
- Basic instructions and parking information can be found here
- Participants will be shuttled back to Kaighn Avenue Dam by the end of the paddle
- Trip is somewhat strenuous, paddling 2-3 hours and lifting canoes
- All participants must register at least 3 days prior to the launch
Registration link: https://forms.gle/8ynzzRvKXrVhf3BQA